Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:43:22 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Got in an accident. :( « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got in an accident. :(  (Read 2554 times)
FieroDough
« on: September 05, 2002, 09:21:23 pm »

The GT got run into Sad

I was stoped at a traffix light and got smashed into the rear by a van. Trunk is caved in, lights are smashed, exaust is bent.. list goes on..

what is the black book on an 86GT? I don't want them to write it off.. sniffles.. what are my rights / options. ??

thanks.

Eric
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 11:06:55 pm »

EmbarrassedJesus sorry to hear the bad news im afraid you may not find it in the black book i had to get mine appraised last spring the company went as high as 6,000 but the insurance quickly  cut it back to 3,000 more than what i put in in the last 3 years i hope your ok in your opinion is it a right off?Huh >:(F.... this makes me mad when people dont pay attention to their driving i hope it can be repaired if they scrap it i think your allowed to keep @ collect im not sure....
PeaceDawg
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 11:21:06 pm »

Jeepers...sorry to hear that....you OK??

Insurance companies will always throw an unacceptable figure at you when these things happen.  You have to fight them and don't take any less than you think is fair.  Make the insurance adjustor justify his decisions with examples.  If you have an appraisel that is even better.  Right now I am preparing for a fight with my insurance co.  A few years back my exgf was in an accident with a Volvo that I had owned at the time and they only wanted to give me $1000.00 In the end they gave me $2500.00 which was fair.  If they don't want to repair your car they will often settle with an offer and reduce that offer if you want to keep the car.

Hope this helps and good luck and sorry to hear the bad news.

Ron
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2002, 11:26:52 pm »

>:(I hate insurance companies they like banks they may seem to want to help you but the bottom line is how much the can keep in there pockets  
PeaceDawg
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 11:31:52 pm »

Heh isn't that how you run a successful business?  With the adjustor it is like playing a game...u make a point and he makes a point you justify he justifys.....In the end you try to get close to what you want an if you argue well and long enough you often can get close to what you want.  Remember he is just doing his job.  Fighting sucks though.
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2002, 12:18:55 am »

Cry
@^%$&$*^$ I'm away for a short while and this bad shite happens, Eric sorry to hear, glad your alright, but christ where do these bad drivers come from. From the list you shouldn't write it off, it's Christine, should be repairable and have them slap in the 3.8 as part of the cost,, not that there is a bright side but the 3.8 wasn't in it at the time.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2002, 06:23:19 am »

Sorry to hear about this, Eric.  I think the value for the gov't tax was about 2700.00.  So the ins guys may aim for that.

When they did my van they looked at comparable cars for sale so with the fairly good prices for GT's now you can fight for more dough.  If the frame is good, we can rebuild them fairly easily.

I still have my rear clip and such as well, so don't give up too easy.  The scrapper will offer next to nothing as metal prices are way down and it is an old car.  If they demand that you write it off may sure you get them to show you both a cash offer and one of cash + the car.

Gary
Tonker
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2002, 06:44:17 pm »

Eric,

Really sorry to hear about this! Read it on Pennocks first.  Angry

I would definately start with an appraisal. Also go try to get an average price from trader.ca. Seems to me GTs are asking about 6K on there, but I guess it depends largely on mileage.

Good luck with this!
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2002, 12:53:30 am »

Sorry to hear about Christine. That makes two of us, my wife wrote off the Eagle last week. I know your pain and I understand the trouble you are going through. Insurance companies... You know my thoughts on those.  My wife is ok, she has some bruises and abraisions from the airbag.
 Don't take any poop from the adjuster, I was talking to mine and he made a big spiel about looking over the market and finding other like cars for sale yada yada, a five minute search on autotrader.ca, he even admitted he didn't look through one ad or call any dealers, suggested I look through the mag. Needless to say he was low. We went through this process of researching a price last November so I know the value of this car.
 Good luck Eric
Boy-z
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2002, 09:02:01 pm »

Eric I just got home and read this wow man this is bad to hear I am really sorry to hear this.I am glad you are ok and I really hope that she can be fixed don't forget mine was appraised in May at 10,000 so use this to your advantage if you can once again I am sorry if I can help let me know call me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Got in an accident. :( « previous next »
Jump to: