Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:50:42 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: slave cylinder « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slave cylinder  (Read 1530 times)
poupas
« on: August 08, 2004, 04:43:15 am »

I have been having problems for quite some time now in cold weather with my clutch. It wont go into gear.
    Well, my car has been sitting for 9 months, I have been doing suspension/brake work on it this summer and today I was going to test it out. Air in the tires, jack stands came out, fired her up, depressed the clutch and.......couldnt get it in gear!!! What ever was partially wrong with it before is now broken.
     So I will start the hydrolic diagnostic very soon. Including, bent pedals, bangos, leaks, the usual. The very first (and only) thing I checked today was the slave bleeder. I couldnt budge it. So it will be soaked in penetrator, possibly heated...but it may break.
     So anyone have a extra slave? Or bought one in a local store? How much?
    My car is a hour from my house so when I go to do this job, and I happen to break the bleeder, I want to have a extra part ready to go....just in case.
     Sorry for the long winded story.
                                                             Andrew

BTY- '86 2.8 4 speed
      - even if the pedal is bent, my fluid really needs to be changed...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 04:52:13 am by poupas » Logged
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 10:46:26 am »

GM still has the OEM slave cylinders available for about $200; most auto parts stores should be able to find an aftermarket one for you if you're willing to gamble.

I say "gamble," because a large number of people appear to have had bad luck with the aftermarket (usually Wagner) slaves, and their problems mysteriously vanish after going back to OEM.

Good luck!

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 01:24:30 pm »

I may be the exception to the rule, but I replaced both my master and slave cylinders with Wagner units about 5 years ago.  Haven't had a single problem with the clutch since.  In addition, the wagner pieces are cast as opposed to stamped pieces.  They appear to be quite a bit sturdier than the OEM parts.  YMMV

tyler...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: slave cylinder « previous next »
Jump to: