Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:38:24 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Fiero1 and coolant troubles « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiero1 and coolant troubles  (Read 1717 times)
FieroBUZZ
« on: November 06, 2002, 11:55:13 am »

I just wanted to separate this topic a bit.

Claude had a lost belt, overheating, and some coolant loss.  We will hope for the best and assume no damage to the heads/or gasket.

The rear cap may be really tight.  I used a pair of waterpump pliers to get mine off.  I would fill from the rear cap as it is the highest opening in the system. If you aren't running it at all, maybe fill from both.

If you are just concerned about the winter storage, I would imagine that filling with the proper mix of antifreeze would protect the engine fine.  In the spring when it comes out, I would put new caps on and 'burp' the system properly to get rid of any bubbles of air.
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 07:42:35 am »

Thanks Gary.......As for the bracket their is no rush as it is parked,Chris ha one also but im not sure if the bracket on a 4 cyl. is the same as  a 2.8 Huh
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 08:52:08 am »

Hi Gary just want to let you know i got a small belt @ had it running for the last time this year had the cap off it wasn't that low in coolant but your right about the air in the system but it was runnig for a few minutes it seem to be normal when it came to idling when it was warm the idle quicked down but one thing i noticed when it reach temperature when the fan is suppose to quicks on it did not come on oh well next spring.....Oh ya i also did not see the heavy thick white smoke from the exhaust so i assume everything is ok..............i hope. Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Fiero1 and coolant troubles « previous next »
Jump to: