Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:25:26 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Thoughts « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 1963 times)
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« on: March 02, 2007, 08:35:57 pm »

While waiting for my snowblower to thaw out, I was looking at the Fiero.

Now my cradle has been in and out 4 times.  It doesn't seem to me that it would be that hard to make a plate on each side of the main cabin that would span from the top rear frame rail down to the main frame spar.  You could make a stub that would slide into the bottom main frame.  A similar plate would be attached to the rear section with an offshoot to locate the front mount point of the cradle as part of the rear section.   Add some bolts and the whole back end of the car could be undone and rolled away intact.  If you added some quick release pipes for the coolant and some clips for the wiring, it would be that much easier.

You could really provide a second cradle with an alternative powerplant.

The idea actually came from the Citroen Traction Avant, which had the front end removable for service from the cowl forward.
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:39:24 pm »

I've actually been meaning to do this on one of the fieros.  Just a stalled project in the works right now.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:40:40 pm »

Mechanics would love the idea!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 02:31:43 pm »

But how much time does it really save?

I can have my engine and cradle on the ground in 30 min!  50 min if it's been a while.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 04:33:38 pm »

Thinking more for a insta-swap setup....what do I want for power today deal Tongue
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Thoughts « previous next »
Jump to: