Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:42:35 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Push Button Start? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Push Button Start?  (Read 3033 times)
MacPhail
« on: March 14, 2007, 12:19:33 am »

On eBay.

Are these things reliable?

Cheers, Derek

fixed funky url code that resulted in a busted link  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:46:19 pm by dguy » Logged
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 01:49:27 pm »

So long as the switch's contacts can reliably handle the current of the starter solenoid, I don't see why they wouldn't be (reliable).

I once installed a homemade starter push-button in a friend's Daytona for much less.  Smiley

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:53:21 pm »

It's only good for the bling factor.  Plus it adds weight!

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 04:36:17 pm »

It's only good for the bling factor. 

Yes, but it's Derek....... Derek Bling!   Evil
MacPhail
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 05:44:25 pm »

It's only good for the bling factor.  Plus it adds weight!

Aaron

Hey, the best way to cut down on weight is for me to go on a diet.  Wink  A push button start ain't going to make much a difference if I have a donut every morning for breakfast.  lol

Cheers, Derek
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 06:11:22 pm »

Could pickup a momentary button at Princess for a fraction of that price!
cowans
Fiero Know-it-all

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 08:47:15 am »

So long as the switch's contacts can reliably handle the current of the starter solenoid, I don't see why they wouldn't be (reliable).

I once installed a homemade starter push-button in a friend's Daytona for much less.  Smiley
Use a high amp Relay.... that way the switch's contact just needs to power up the relay.... very little current required! Some of the best/nicer (and most expensive) buttons come from Honda S2000. You can find some cheeper units that start Generacs, etc!
Sandy
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:51:44 am by cowans » Logged
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 09:37:05 am »

You should have a hidden button at the back (or a remote start).  Then make a fake hole for a crank.

Walk to back ***Insert crank****Turn rapidly several times*** push the hidden button and the engine starts.

That would freak them out.........................But it isn't JDM   Evil
MacPhail
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 01:44:03 pm »

If it's not JDM, it's not going in Il Fiasco.  Wink

But one of those Business Depot/Staples "Easy Buttons" that they use in their advertising MIGHT look pretty cool.   Afro

Cheers, Derek
2ML67
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 10:24:52 am »

Last time I installed a seperate start button on a car I used a stock clutch start switch and made a bracket up for it to mount on the brake pedal. So the brake had to be applied for the starter to engage, still had to turn the ignition switch for the actual starter to work but it would not start with out the brake pedal depresses. This switch could also be mounted else where fairly easily with just about any thing you want covering it so when you push the button over the switch the car starts. Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Push Button Start? « previous next »
Jump to: